•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Lunar Image Attempt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SkippyMcSkipperson

SkippyMcSkipperson

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Troy, Illinois

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:21 PM

Was out on Sept 16th trying out some tips to get better Jupiter images and at the end of the night had the big and bright moon directly to the south of me.  

I swung the scope to point there and took a short video using my 8" F/5  newt and 533MC-Pro camera.  

Stacked the video using about 50% of the 1100 frames, I didn't do any post processing to the image after stacking.

I'm interested in critique 

Attached Thumbnails

• 21_39_38_lapl5_ap65.jpg

• Kenny V., John_Moore, 4BINNI and 3 others like this

#2 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Viking 1

• Loc: Seneca, South Carolina

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:45 AM

That's a fantastic first attempt! I'm sure you could sharpen your image a bit more. Pretty much everyone uses Registax 6 for this. The next thing I would work on would be trying to get the blown out (whitest) areas under control.

Keep it up! If that's your first lunar shot, I look forward to your future shots!

Tim

#3 SkippyMcSkipperson

SkippyMcSkipperson

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Troy, Illinois

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:09 AM

That's a fantastic first attempt! I'm sure you could sharpen your image a bit more. Pretty much everyone uses Registax 6 for this. The next thing I would work on would be trying to get the blown out (whitest) areas under control.

Keep it up! If that's your first lunar shot, I look forward to your future shots!

Tim

Thanks, I will work on the exposure a bit.

#4 Borodog

Borodog

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:11 AM

Pretty much everyone uses Registax 6 for this.

Not me. :O)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics