•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Coronado Binomites

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sherk

Sherk

Beer connoisseur

• topic starter

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

Hello, does anyone have some experience to share about these? I'm considering buying them in case my Nexstar 102GT doesn't reach European shores by June the 8th.
Greetings to all and clear skies. :question:

#2 Terreb

Terreb

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

I have had mine for about a month now.
It's pretty easy to see sun spots with them, but I haven't seen any flares as yet. Mind you, the weather has been very intermittent in Massachusetts. When I actually did get some time to view the sun one day, there actually weren't any decent sun spots to view!
Don't expect too much from them, but for convenience, and a quick impromptu view at short notice, with no set up time, they are a very rewarding tool.
Should be pretty good in Europe, to carry with you and use at a moments notice, when the weather permits!
:waytogo:

#3 Sherk

Sherk

Beer connoisseur

• topic starter

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:41 PM

Terry, many thanks for your input. It seems that your experience meets my expectations and that the expected convenience level will be right on the spot. As for weather, Belgium is a low country bordered by the sea which is heated by the gulfstream; so haze is the main word with clear skies (day and night) mostly only during winter. And all this at 51° north !!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics