•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Paradigm vs. Starguider Eye Relief

Eyepieces
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GGK

GGK

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southwest Florida

Posted 18 September 2021 - 08:46 AM

Does anyone know the eye relief for the Starguider / Paradigm 12,15,18 and 25mm eyepieces?  AgenaAstro specs 18mm to 20mm eye relief and  Astronomics specs 13 to 15mm eye relief. 

I thought these were the same OEM eyepiece with a different merchant brand.  Am I wrong on this?

I was considering trying a pair of these in a binoviewer, but 13 to 15mm eye relief is too short.

#2 ny65

ny65

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Ithaca, NY, USA

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:32 AM

Does anyone know the eye relief for the Starguider / Paradigm 12,15,18 and 25mm eyepieces?  AgenaAstro specs 18mm to 20mm eye relief and  Astronomics specs 13 to 15mm eye relief. 

I thought these were the same OEM eyepiece with a different merchant brand.  Am I wrong on this?

I was considering trying a pair of these in a binoviewer, but 13 to 15mm eye relief is too short.

They are the same eyepieces. The eye reliefs quoted being different is explained by Don in this post (link) on a thread with a similar question.

• GGK likes this

#3 GGK

GGK

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southwest Florida

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:54 AM

They are the same eyepieces. The eye reliefs quoted being different is explained by Don in this post (link) on a thread with a similar question.

Thanks. I searched CN and read many posts, but didn’t see this topic. 

I sent a note to Astronomics last week asking them if they were specifying usable eye relief, but received no reply. 

I was looking at the 12mm eyepiece, and was amazed at the 7mm difference in listed eye relief. 

#4 ny65

ny65

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Ithaca, NY, USA

Posted 18 September 2021 - 10:10 AM

Thanks. I searched CN and read many posts, but didn’t see this topic. 

I sent a note to Astronomics last week asking them if they were specifying usable eye relief, but received no reply. 

I was looking at the 12mm eyepiece, and was amazed at the 7mm difference in listed eye relief. 

No worries, I was researching these two eyepieces as well and then had stumbled on to this thread/post. It was odd that they list radically different specs on ER - I guess that there is only so much trust you can place in ad copy smile.gif!

• GGK likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eyepieces

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics