•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finder for Celestron 20x80s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kathyastro

kathyastro

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Nova Scotia

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:25 PM

With their relatively narrow field of view, I always wished that my 20x80s has a finder.  And, as it happened, I had a spare red-dot finder sitting around gathering dust.  I wasn't able to figure out a way to attach the two until a member of our local group suggested using bulldog clips.

Here is my version of his invention.  Drilling the spring steel of the clips requires a fancy drill bit.  I found a titanium bit that did the job.  The connecting bar is a piece of aluminum stock I had sitting around.

P1180148-1000px.JPG

P1180151-1000px.JPG

P1180153-1000px.JPG

• BRCoz, MisterDan, ngc7319_20 and 3 others like this

#2 MisterDan

MisterDan

Viking 1

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:31 PM

Nice adaptation, Kathy.

If I had to (for some wacky, never-happen reason) choose between my supply of duct tape and my supply of gator/bulldog clips...

...I think I might keep the clips!

Best wishes.

Dan

#3 BRCoz

BRCoz

Apollo

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 18 September 2021 - 04:11 PM

K.I.S.S. waytogo.gif

This is a great idea.  Last month I wanted to add a RDF to my 20x80 bins.

I bought: Universal 21mm Weaver Picatinny Rail Base Adapter Converter Barrel Scope Mount

$9.99 on Ama of the zon.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics