•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY 16200A Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bloated Star

Bloated Star

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Arcadia, OK

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:10 PM

It appears that the QHY forum is no longer accessible via the company website. I performed a Windows update yesterday. Last night, I powered the camera on but didn’t hear the shutter activate. I could not connect to the camera in SGP I went out to the rig and the OLED screen, which usually contains camera info, displayed colored horizontal and vertical lines. My guide camera is powered by a USB cable that plus in to the main camera. It wasn’t getting power. I brought the camera inside and powered it back up with a different power supply and connected to my laptop with a new USB cable to no avail. Only other info, which may be purely coincidental, is that in APCC Pro, I got an error message that said the encoders weren’t being read. Anyone experienced similar problem after a recent Windows update or does this sound like a hardware problem?

#2 Bloated Star

Bloated Star

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:12 PM

I should add that the problem with the mount resolved after I closed APCC and powered the mount off and back on.

#3 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Cosmos

• Loc: Snohomish, WA

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:13 PM

It appears that the QHY forum is no longer accessible via the company website. I performed a Windows update yesterday. Last night, I powered the camera on but didn’t hear the shutter activate. I could not connect to the camera in SGP I went out to the rig and the OLED screen, which usually contains camera info, displayed colored horizontal and vertical lines. My guide camera is powered by a USB cable that plus in to the main camera. It wasn’t getting power. I brought the camera inside and powered it back up with a different power supply and connected to my laptop with a new USB cable to no avail. Only other info, which may be purely coincidental, is that in APCC Pro, I got an error message that said the encoders weren’t being read. Anyone experienced similar problem after a recent Windows update or does this sound like a hardware problem?

Please do not blame Windows. Windows did not make your camera freak out on you. I run Windows 21H1 and have had zero issues with Astro Software on it. 

• akulapanam likes this

#4 akulapanam

akulapanam

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:51 PM

Some sort of hardware problem.  You might give the second power port a shot.

You can reach their technical support here.

cha@qhyccd.com

#5 Bloated Star

Bloated Star

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:30 PM

Thanks akulpanam. I tried the second power port but it did not solve the problem.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics