•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mewlon 180c: Jupiter (Sep 19, 2021)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TerryWood

TerryWood

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA

Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:12 PM

The seeing was really, really bad. However, whenever there is even an inkling of clearish weather I must give it a shot. Especially when the GRS is in view and front and center.

I took a ton of video captures from 9:30 pm to 11:30 pm, but only one came out with any semblance of decency (one from 9:43 pm). And even then I had to drastically downsize the final image to counteract a lot of the negative effects of the seeing conditions. Jupiter was still not at the optimal height above the horizon, but it was the only one that came out. Not that good, but I'll take the best that I can get from the conditions on hand. 

Anyway, here it is. 

Scope: Mewlon 180c

Barlow: Tak 1.6x extender (made for refractors, but wanted to experiment with it)

Mount: Tak EM-10

Camera: QHY 462c

I ended up stacking 4051 frames out of just over 21,000 frames gathered. Shot RAW8, .AVI.

Thanks again for taking a gander.

V/R

Terry

Attached Thumbnails

• 2143 Jupiter mewlon 180c qhy462 png.png

• Sunspot, Mark9473, Dennis_Oz and 15 others like this

#2 HarveyDeckAstro

HarveyDeckAstro

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Short Hills, New Jersey

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:25 PM

Nice!
  • TerryWood likes this

#3 TerryWood

TerryWood

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: USA

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:11 AM

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate it! Looking like rain for a few days now...

V/R

Terry

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics