I picked up a 11018 Celestron C8 Deluxe with that has a built in clock drive and was originally sold with a tripod and wedge for polar alignment.
I did not get the tripod or wedge with it. I also have an older CG-4 mount that is currently used by a C102-HD refractor.
I'll use the SCT for Visual, but may dabble in photography - so having some rough tracking would be nice. Not looking for perfection here.
Looking for advice and ideas for next steps with this scope. These are the options, as far as I can tell:
- Remove OTA from fork and mount it on my CG-4 and add a clock drive to the CG-4.
- The OTA fork mount is connected to the back plate of the C8 (looks like one piece of metal).
- I guess I can just leave that back-plate on and put a vixen mount on it.
- Purchase a new tripod + wedge - and use built-in tracking.
- If I could find used/cheap tripod + Wedge... I might do this.
- But new is probably too much for this scope, glancing at prices online for a wedge + tripod.
- Something home made?
- Give up tracking and use it as a manual table-top Alt/Az?
Also - there is an RJ45 plug that is connected to the alt/az encoders for the base and the arm. What is this supposed to plug into? The fork base has only RJ11 (or maybe RJ12) plugs on it. Clearly i'm missing something else beyond the Tripod and Wedge...
This page describes the scope in more detail: http://www.company7....ducts/sch6.html
Edited by bhayward, 20 September 2021 - 03:01 PM.