•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Yep - Bought a New Scope

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 techmgr

techmgr

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North Central Ohio

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:38 PM

I ordered a 9.25 EDGE HD, and was a little bit concerned about it actually getting shipped - considering that virtually no one has one in stock and the range of when they'll get more runs from 'maybe 6 months' to 'we have no idea' to 'May 2023'.  Got an email saying the scope had been shipped and is supposed to arrive on Wednesday (it's Monday now). Still had my concerns until I looked at my Clear Sky Chart for the next few days:

Ordered New Scope.jpg

Enough said, don't you think?  Pretty sure the scope will arrive on Wednesday.

• Castor, Cfeastside and teashea like this

#2 deepwoods1

deepwoods1

Vanguard

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:49 PM

It’s forecast to be cloudy, so you’ll get your scope! Enjoy!

• Castor likes this

#3 Stellar1

Stellar1

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Juuuust outside Toronto

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:56 PM

Congrats on a fine scope purchase and, that is one abysmal dark sky chart!.

• Castor likes this

#4 Chilihead

Chilihead

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Central Oklahoma

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:58 PM

The day I brought home my Edge it was forecast to be cloudy for three days.

My wife and I set it up in the garage, then watched a lizard eating ants on a neighbors woodpile 400 yards away.

There's always something to see.

• techmgr, skypilgrim, Jaimo! and 5 others like this

#5 jsmithsd

jsmithsd

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sonoita, Arizona

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:52 PM

Chilihead, That was hilarious. Love it.

‘When I finally received my 20-inch mirror and had the telescope out for first light. the night was foggy, yes, complete fog in the Arizona desert. Go figure.  If you want it to rain, just start thinking about setting up the telescope.

• Lagrange, Castor and Chilihead like this

#6 tita

tita

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Pacific NW

Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:54 PM

Congrats techmgr! When did you place your order?

I was deciding on which Edge to get. I was between the 9.25" or  the 11". I end up going for the 11" exactly because some places were saying 2023. My Edge should arrive next month, but who knows. 

• Castor likes this

#7 techmgr

techmgr

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North Central Ohio

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:23 PM

Congrats techmgr! When did you place your order?

I was deciding on which Edge to get. I was between the 9.25" or  the 11". I end up going for the 11" exactly because some places were saying 2023. My Edge should arrive next month, but who knows. 

Funny thing: I ordered it last Friday!  After searching every website I've ever bought equipment from, I was beginning to think that there wasn't a 9.25 EDGE anywhere in the USA.  So I started on places where I've bought small things and low and behold when I pulled up the scope on ADORAMA it said they had it in stock and ready to ship.  Decided I'd better get some real-time confirmation of that, and opened up a chat with them.  They confirmed that they had the scope in stock - but about ten minutes after I ordered it, the website showed 'Temporarily out of stock'.  So, with no real proof, I think I may have gotten the last available 9.25 EDGE in the country!!

And I just got an update from UPS that it will arrive TOMORROW!!  Sorry about the weather to anyone in Ohio!

Edited by techmgr, 20 September 2021 - 09:25 PM.

• Castor, paul m schofield and tita like this

#8 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:48 PM

Good luck with the clouds. I'm expecting a new scope soon, and suspect clouds will continue here.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics