•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RC8 and Riccardi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lowry_pt

lowry_pt

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: South of Indianapolis, IN

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:32 AM

For those of you that have successfully used a Ricarrdi specifically the small M63 can you tell me what back focus you use in your success?

I am working with Markus and that he doesn’t have a back focus —he has heard of success but is reluctant to give a specific backfocus because he doesn’t have a definitive guarantee that it will work.

I have read in places that it will work but don’t have more details besides “it works “. I would be happy to share Pictures and more once I do get a backfocus nailed but I kind of need to know where to start I was able to get Starizona to manufacture a custom adapter for me because I want to be able to use my William optics rotator so I will basically have a riccardi reducer adapter on one side to Allow insertion into the focus her and then a female m 63 to allow my William optics rotator to screw in

I don’t rotate my Moonlite.

Thank you in advance.

Dawn

Edited by lowry_pt, 21 September 2021 - 07:54 AM.

#2 akulapanam

akulapanam

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 24 September 2021 - 12:57 AM

The backfocus is 86.5mm but there is a flange that takes up 13.5mm so you need to be exactly 73mm from the end.  This is for a 250mm RC.  The reducer needs to be very close to the back of the scope so I ended up embedding it into a Feathertouch focuser.  This has the added benefit of not hanging your camera off the reducer itself.

#3 lowry_pt

lowry_pt

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: South of Indianapolis, IN

Posted 24 September 2021 - 06:53 AM

This was with the m63 too correct? I don’t know the flange t
You are referring too but the 86.5 Will help us a starting point because I’m assuming I would be close to that too at 1600mm

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics