•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unisteller eVscope2

Beginner DSO EQ Equipment Imaging Mount Observing
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 arshadwm

arshadwm

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 21 September 2021 - 02:42 PM

Hi All 

I need your advise and feedback on Unisteller eVscope2 smart telescope .  

• teashea likes this

#2 psychwolf

psychwolf

Vostok 1

• Loc: Milwaukee, WI

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:00 PM

I've got the original one, so if you want any notes let me know! It's definitely my most used scope as it's out when I'm out since it's so easy to pack up and deploy.

There is a new eQuinox as well which is appealing if you don't want the eyepiece. I'd caution the new scope designs didn't correct coma and added to field of view, so that was a concern with some of us original scope owners although it is totally ignorable if coma is not a bother for you or you are not looking for astrophotography / are fine cropping a bit around the edges or decide to keep the mask overlay. Longer battery is good, although mine lasts all night still in decent weather.

Overall though, it's a great telescope and I'd recommend them. The Nikon eyepiece seems interesting, and they increased the sensor resolution a bit. Feel free to PM if you've got specific questions or post them up here, I'll try to follow. Join the Facegroup users groups if you're kicking the tires, lots of users on there from across the world.

Edited by psychwolf, 21 September 2021 - 05:07 PM.

• Jon_Doh and teashea like this

#3 teashea

teashea

Gemini

• Loc: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:16 PM

It points to the future.

• Bean614 likes this

#4 goodbar

goodbar

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:30 AM

Is there a 'live' or optical only mode that just gives you the live image rather than the digital or enhanced image?  If so, curious how the live view looks for planetary/moon.

Edited by goodbar, 15 October 2021 - 10:31 AM.

#5 Jon_Doh

Jon_Doh

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Just South of Pluto

Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:56 AM

I have the eQuinix.  There is a live image, but keep in mind you're dealing with a 4.5" aperture.  I'm using mine for astrophotography making long exposures of objects like the Helix Nebula.  The newer model you've asked about has an eyepiece with zoom capability, a larger sensor and offers a wider field of view.  As psychwolf said it's a breeze to set up and get going.  Plate solving is fast and you'll be aligned in seconds.  i find myself getting it out more than my other rig because it can be set up so quickly.

#6 scoale

scoale

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 15 October 2021 - 01:32 PM

i have an evscope2 on order.  I'm attracted to ease of setup, reasonable weight, and completely integrated EAA solution that gives me access to targets I can't see well with my C11 under B8 skies.  I also like the fact that it will be out doing its thing this winter while I'm enjoying the views from indoors.  It will NOT replace my C11, but it will add to the number of nights/year, and the range of targets, I am able to view.  Will get used most often on weeknights after work.

Edited by scoale, 15 October 2021 - 01:33 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beginner, DSO, EQ, Equipment, Imaging, Mount, Observing

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics