•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Attempted some photos!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drotto25

drotto25

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:05 PM

These are not amazing AP photos.  Just some taken with my Sony a6300 using a 70mm to 300mm zoom lens on a regular tripod.  Was a fun experiment.

Attached Thumbnails

• Jupiter.jpg
  • Saturn.jpg

• Katharine likes this

#2 Jeffmar

Jeffmar

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: salt lake city, utah

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:15 PM

Great start! Back off on the exposure time, lower your ISO or both, and you will get some planetary detail.

#3 drotto25

drotto25

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:35 PM

Great start! Back off on the exposure time, lower your ISO or both, and you will get some planetary detail.

Thanks, I had never tried this before and was just excited to even be able to get the moon's.  Was just seeing what just my camera was capable of. They were both very small in the viewfinder.  It's is cloudy tonight, so not able to try again right now.

#4 nicknacknock

nicknacknock

A man of many qualities, even if they are mostly bad ones

• Moderators
  • Loc: Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:43 PM

Moving to planetary imaging for better fit :)

#5 mayhem13

mayhem13

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:58 PM

Thanks, I had never tried this before and was just excited to even be able to get the moon's.  Was just seeing what just my camera was capable of. They were both very small in the viewfinder.  It's is cloudy tonight, so not able to try again right now.

Careful!……it’s really easy to get sucked in to planetary imaging…..300mm turns into 2000mm in a matter of days! 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics