Hey everyone, hope all is well.
This image is from a project that I started working on just because M 31 was high enough in the sky to image while I waited for M 33 to “rise to the occasion”. After enough nights of imaging M 31 while I waited for my main target to rise, I managed almost 8hrs on the thing in LRGB, an hour of that being from a bortle 2 dark site (thanks Ron!). The rest was from my parents home which is a bortle 4. Well, since I was liking what I already had, I thought it would be cool to add some H-alpha the other night during the almost full moon from my bortle 8 home to make this an HaLRGB image. I have to say, it definitely came out better than I thought it would. Ironically, this marks the most integration time I have into a project so far at just over 11hrs. I figured I’d share it with all of you even though everyone’s seen this target almost as much as Orion. Acquisition details on astrobin.