•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Dew Heater Strap Brand Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Stargazer007

Stargazer007

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:38 PM

Hi All,
Any recommendations on a good brand on a Dew Strap heater for a Refractor Scope?

#2 AbsolutelyNot

AbsolutelyNot

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:21 PM

I've had good luck with SVBONY dew strips from Amazon.  Reasonably priced and they've kept the dew off so far.

• dswtan and DimSkyLights like this

#3 spereira

spereira

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Bedford, NH

Posted 23 September 2021 - 07:16 AM

Moving to Equipment.

smp

#4 spkerer

spkerer

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Virginia, USA

Posted 23 September 2021 - 07:33 AM

I've been using DewNot dew heater strips and they've been working well on my refractor.  They're the only ones I've used, so I can't compare to others.  But I haven't had a night where I had to pack it up because of dew, even though some of those nights I had drops of dew on my table and cases.  I use a DewBuster to control the straps.

• SkyETC and empiredown like this

#5 whizbang

whizbang

Apollo

• Loc: NE of Seattle, WA

Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:39 AM

Astro-zap!

#6 Viventius

Viventius

Lift Off

• Loc: Saint Charles, MO

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:41 AM

Agree on the DewNot heaters. I use them on both setups and they have been great. Cannot compare to others but I am happy with these. 

• empiredown likes this

#7 StevenYood

StevenYood

Vostok 1

• Loc: Chattanooga, TN

Posted 24 September 2021 - 02:19 PM

You might want to look at R-Sky. They have a wide assortment of straps at a good price.

#8 rhaskins

rhaskins

Ranger 4

• Loc: Minnesota

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:18 PM

I use Kendrick Premier.

Rick

#9 Linwood

Linwood

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Ft Myers, Florida, USA

Posted 25 September 2021 - 02:51 PM

I'll second R-Sky (with the caveat you must wait for international shipping), especially if you have a C11 or other large SCT in a high dew area.  He's the only one I found that has a extra-large, higher amp heater.  I found with a standard heater at 100% even with a dew shield, some nights the center of the secondary was dewed over, it just wasn't warm enough to reach the whole secondary.   He will also customize cables (connector or length) on request. A bit scary (for us in the US) to buy from a Russian web site but he's very responsive to questions, ships fast, and the strips are top notch.

#10 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Apollo

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:15 PM

+1 for Kendrick's Premier products.

#11 PJBilotta

PJBilotta

Mariner 2

• Loc: Portland, Oregon

Posted 25 September 2021 - 06:06 PM

I'll second R-Sky (with the caveat you must wait for international shipping), especially if you have a C11 or other large SCT in a high dew area. He's the only one I found that has a extra-large, higher amp heater. I found with a standard heater at 100% even with a dew shield, some nights the center of the secondary was dewed over, it just wasn't warm enough to reach the whole secondary. He will also customize cables (connector or length) on request. A bit scary (for us in the US) to buy from a Russian web site but he's very responsive to questions, ships fast, and the strips are top notch.

I love that when I order from R-Sky, he sends a PayPal invoice in Russian - feels very James Bondish. Great products at great prices though, fast shipping, and excellent communication - in English! Just the invoice is in Russian. 😁

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics