•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RASA 8 baader adapters

Accessories Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 radix655

radix655

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:44 PM

Celestron retaining ring, the adapter that attaches to the telescope end of RASA 8 has lot of tilt issues due to lot of give in the adapter. So, I plan to go baader route.

Please help me with the backfocus. I am planning to attach ASI294MM to it. 

Baader UFC S70 RASA 8" Telescope-Adapter (optical height: 1.4 mm)
# 2459136

Baader UFC Base (Filter Chamber) telescope-sided S70 dovetail receptor (optical height: 13 mm)
# 2459110

Baader UFC 2" (M48) Filter Slider
# 2459112

Baader UFC T-2 (m) Camera-Adapter (optical height: 2 mm)

# 2459115

This makes up to 13 + 1.4 + 2 = 16.4mm. For 29 mm I need to add 12.6mm. How can I achieve this? I have attached a photo from baader website comment section but I am not sure if I can attach 11mm ZWO adapter or maybe he is referring to SKU: N/A adapter (6mm) adapter ring instead of 11mm that comes with the camera. 

I am guessing 29mm is with the celestron clear filter and if I were to remove it the backfocus becomes 28mm, and I need to attach a 5mm spacer instead. Is that correct?

Also does the Baader UFC 2" (M48) Filter Slider accept 2'' filters from Astronomik?

PS: The tilt of up to 8% is fine with me, I am not too much concerned about a very small tilt

Attached Thumbnails

• rasa8_baader_adapters.jpg

Edited by radix655, 22 September 2021 - 08:50 PM.

#2 radix655

radix655

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:08 AM

Baader responded to me. That should solve this problem

thank you for your request.

This pretty unpleasant circumstances lead us to produce this adapter:
https://www.baader-p...si-cameras.html
8,5mm of this adapter plus 6,5mm from the camera and 13 of the base and 1,4 for the first adapter
is 29,4mm in summary. Actually 0,4mm too long but it isn´t. Rule of thumb is that by refraction of
light through a filter the focus will be set 1/3 of filter thickness to extra focal. For this reason you
need to let in the clear glas filter the RASA is coming with. So all you have to do is replacing the
#2459115 by #2459170 and unscrew the 11mm inverter ring off the camera.

The set-up you show is fine for the Atik (16,4mm+13mm camera is 29,4mm) But each time change
the adapter isn´t really nice so maybe you choose simply the ASI imho.

Best regards,

Michael Timofti
BAADER PLANETARIUM GMBH

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics