•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Canada and Satellite Light Pollution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 23 September 2021 - 02:34 AM

The night sky is going to get much busier thanks to thousands of new internet satellites set to launch over the next few years—and researchers say it's going to affect Canada more than most places on Earth.

Researchers from the University of Toronto, the University of Regina and the University of British Columbia found that most light pollution is expected to happen near 50 degrees latitude north and south due to the orbits of the new satellites.

https://phys.org/new...eak-canada.html

• retroman2 likes this

#2 LDW47

LDW47

Cosmos

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:23 AM

The night sky is going to get much busier thanks to thousands of new internet satellites set to launch over the next few years—and researchers say it's going to affect Canada more than most places on Earth.

Researchers from the University of Toronto, the University of Regina and the University of British Columbia found that most light pollution is expected to happen near 50 degrees latitude north and south due to the orbits of the new satellites.

https://phys.org/new...eak-canada.html

Oh No !  They have to be looking for more funding to chase ' their theories ' because its the up n coming rage in ' the sky is faling saga ' so why shouldn't we Canadians get in on the windfall, the ........., lol   PS  There are some in every crowd, lol

Edited by LDW47, 23 September 2021 - 09:24 AM.

#3 osbourne one-nil

osbourne one-nil

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Moderators
  • Loc: Cumbria, England 54.5ºN 2.5ºW

Posted 23 September 2021 - 11:11 AM

They have to be? I think you underestimate how seriously many people take light pollution.  

Can leave those sort of comments for other places and stick to the topic here please. 

• RLK1 likes this

#4 LDW47

LDW47

Cosmos

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 23 September 2021 - 12:41 PM

They have to be? I think you underestimate how seriously many people take light pollution.  

Can leave those sort of comments for other places and stick to the topic here please. 

I view through my various scopes every clear, dark nite, I know what I see and don't see every clear , dark night at 46°+ latitude  I am from Canada, a concerned Canadian citizen, I know the story, I know the .......  I think I have a right more than .......... to tell ........  The sky isn't about to fall, the skies at 50°+ are not about to lose their ........ because of small, minute, pinpricks of lite than has already been lost to ......  I stand by what I said !

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics