•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

az gti disconnect problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Droro

Droro

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: middle east

Posted 23 September 2021 - 03:23 AM

hi, 

my az gti decided at some point to always disconnect from wifi during alignment, tried all the online advice, 

changing channels, even using with a pc. 

anyone has any ideas? 

thanks

#2 AaronF

AaronF

Ranger 4

• Loc: Barcelona, Spain

Posted 23 September 2021 - 03:28 AM

I had a problem with mine when I first tried using the polar alignment function in the Synscan app - the app would close itself after selecting a star.

I solved it by flashing a different firmware version and then flashing the version that I was originally using.

It might be worth a try.

#3 sevenofnine

sevenofnine

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Santa Rosa, California

Posted 23 September 2021 - 07:11 PM

Mine does that too but still works and completes the alignment. I figure that the mount lost the wifi connection to the cell phone and automatically switches to a data connection. Does that make sense? Bottom line is that it still works so all"s well waytogo.gif

#4 akdwivedi

akdwivedi

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Singapore

Posted 24 September 2021 - 12:39 AM

probably the wifi signal from nearby devices is too strong. you may check if disabling auto-join helps. It may be possible that your mobile device is automatically picking up the wifi connection with strongest signal. I dont use auto-join and always manually select my wifi network.

And I have no problems with my az gti.. I have always disabled screen sleep if the device is inactive for N minutes. Set it to max value.

PS: I am using Samsung Galaxy S9 with Android 10.

• Droro likes this

#5 Droro

Droro

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: middle east

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:55 AM

I had a problem with mine when I first tried using the polar alignment function in the Synscan app - the app would close itself after selecting a star.

I solved it by flashing a different firmware version and then flashing the version that I was originally using.

It might be worth a try.

thanks, will try

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics