•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mounting MiniGuidescope to ZWO Camera Ring

Accessories Astrophotography CCD CMOS Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AstroBri84

AstroBri84

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Hoboken, NJ

Posted 24 September 2021 - 12:29 PM

I recently picked up a holder ring for my 183MC Pro to use it with some camera lenses - wanting to do some wide field imaging. I'd still like to do some guiding so that I can do some long subs. How can I connect these two? It seems like there are matching threaded holes on both - but I'm not sure the best way to go about it.

Connecting this:
https://astronomy-im...minguider-scope

to this:
https://astronomy-im...s78mm-diameters

Thanks!

#2 AstroBri84

AstroBri84

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 September 2021 - 02:13 PM

To clarify - I'm able to attach them with a 1/4 20 bolt and lock washer - but was curious if theres a better way to do it given the pre drilled holes on both sides of the ring.

#3 omomomo

omomomo

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:59 PM

if you take off the foot of the guide scope, are there any holes that match those of the ring?

• AstroBri84 likes this

#4 Ibuprofen200mg

Ibuprofen200mg

Vostok 1

• Loc: SC, USA

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:19 PM

To clarify - I'm able to attach them with a 1/4 20 bolt and lock washer - but was curious if theres a better way to do it given the pre drilled holes on both sides of the ring.I h

I have mine like this and it works great:

IMG_3752.jpg

I used one of the finder shoes that has slots in both directions. You can use two M4 screws to solidly attach the finder shoe to the ring and then mount the guide scope in the finder shoe. Makes it much easier to assemble/disassemble. 

• AstroBri84 and OldManSky like this

#5 AstroBri84

AstroBri84

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2021 - 11:18 AM

Thats a great call - I can probably canibilzie the finder scope mount from my non-photography scope. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Astrophotography, CCD, CMOS, Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics