•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Focus knob

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pdenning

pdenning

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: 37174

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:12 PM

I just picked up an Orion 127mm mak ,used

It came with a JMI focus control installed.  It's a nice accessory still I keep reaching up to adjust focus

Anyone know where to find a replacement?  Or know of a diy solution

Thanks

Patrick

• sevenofnine likes this

#2 sevenofnine

sevenofnine

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Santa Rosa, California

Posted 25 September 2021 - 10:02 PM

Is it this one? https://www.bhphotov...Focusing.html. 

The product description says it snaps over the existing focuser and can just be removed. hmm.gif

#3 pdenning

pdenning

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: 37174

Posted 26 September 2021 - 06:24 AM

Hey Apollo.  Yeah that's the one that's on the scope now.  I'm looking for a replacement knob for manual focus

#4 Bean614

Bean614

Vanguard

• Loc: Mass.

Posted 27 September 2021 - 07:33 AM

I believe that what 'sevenofnine' was trying to point out, is that the Original Focuser Knob is working, and UNDER the snap-on motorized focuser.  From the B&H Listing, it appears that's the case!

#5 Old Man

Old Man

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Indiana

Posted 27 September 2021 - 10:52 PM

With the JMI Focuser mounted, you cannot manually focus. The JMI Focuser must be uninstalled to use manual focusing. I believe there are 2 screws used to retain the mounting bracket and the focuser just slides over your focus knob.

I do not know if you can remove the focus motor and leave the bracket installed, or if it is one unit. But to manually focus the motor must be removed.

If you remove the 2 screws for the bracket just reinstall them, a very simple task to remove or install it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics