•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Simeis 57- The Propeller Nebula

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cdavid

cdavid

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Sudbury, Massachusetts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 04:42 PM

Here is a little over 10 hours on the Propeller nebula in Cygnus. Given our miserable weather in the NE this summer, I resorted to using a quick (literally one hand) grab and go portable setup to do imaging on any clear night after work. I used a MeFoto travel tripod with a Williams optics EQ base and an AZGTI. I mounted a RedCat 51 with an ASI533mc, OAG, and filter drawer. I shoot through an L-Extreme filter and guide with an ASI 120. The entire thing runs from an an ASIAirpro.

I leave the setup in my office and really just pick it up from the redcat handle and take it out to my deck when things look clear. I've relied on this all summer and haven't had my Paramount MX+ out since last summer! Anyway this little setup is providing some reasonable results. Here's the Propeller-

Thanks for looking smile.gif

https://astrob.in/cibqo7/0/

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 5.40.11 PM.jpg

Edited by cdavid, 26 September 2021 - 08:04 AM.

• Mert, SeymoreStars, pixlimit and 7 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics