•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Connecting focal reducer to SCT...HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smilingmoose

smilingmoose

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colorado

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:43 PM

I have an 8" SCT, MEADE, and I cannot figure out for the life of me on how to connect this reducer. Equipment.  Anyone have ideas?  The M48/M42 adapter doesn't fit :(

Attached Thumbnails

• 0447AEBF-DD3F-4723-9CFE-E7C98CB67430.jpeg
  • B96C453D-6EB1-4E3F-8E26-35883FD5C5B6.jpeg

#2 Lastinline

Lastinline

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:06 PM

If you have a 2” visual back for the scope, the reducer will slide into it like a diagonal nosepiece would. I think that is the baseline way of using this. I have this reducer and use it in this mode.

note that you have the reducer facing the wrong way in your picture above. The female thread should point to the telescope, and it will accept any 2” filters you may want to use. The male thread is the camera end.

also, the backspacing for .67 reduction is around 100mm, so in your current spacing you would get much less reduction.

here is the info at AP

#3 smilingmoose

smilingmoose

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colorado

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:23 PM

The female end of the focal reducer does not screw into the back of the SCT?  How did you get yours to screw in?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics