•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cem70g issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn Petrie

Shawn Petrie

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Proctorville Ohio

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:01 PM

Hello all, 

I am currently having issues connecting my zwo camera through the mount saddle.

The mount only has "1" USB connection that is in the back of the RA axis. I assumed the 70g had one on the base but apparently I am wrong.

The I polar camera works as it should "no connection issues. however the Pc is not even "seeing" the zwo camera. Now with that said if I hook the USB straight to the back of the camera connection is established without issue. 

I have checked this with sharpcap, and firecapture. and device manager. as long as its connected through the saddle it dose not connect then USB direct to cam works without issues.

I have yet to try the guide camera but I can tell you as of now "through device manager" is not visible but I have not downloaded any driver for this as of yet.

any help or info would be fantastic. 

Thanks 

Ps. I've had this mount  for only 3 days so still setting it up and learning 

#2 GaryShaw

GaryShaw

Apollo

• Loc: Massachusetts / Wyoming

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:36 PM

Are you clear on the computer connecting to the usb3 on the rear of the RA access? This main usb 3 socket connects the entire mount’s usb cabling back to the computer so all devices connected to the 4 saddle USB’s like filter wheel, main camera, guide camera ( if not using iGuider) etc, are, in turn, connected to the computer. 
Gary

#3 Shawn Petrie

Shawn Petrie

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:44 PM

I would assume the usb connection on the back of the RA axis IS the main connection based on the fact its the ONLY on on the mount. I see in the manual their is one on the base but mine dose not have one oddly enough. The mount is controllable through the pc and the ipolar works as it should. However i ge absolutely no connection through the saddle.

#4 GaryShaw

GaryShaw

Apollo

• Loc: Massachusetts / Wyoming

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:52 PM

The manual shows an older version of the CEM70G. I have no usb on the ‘base’ - just the main one on the RA and 4 on the saddle. I’ve heard some folks on CN CEM 70 threads, say they need to turn the mount on first, then connect the computer. If you fuss with things like that and don’t find a way to get it to reliably connect, just contact iOptron. They respond very promptly most of the time. 

#5 Shawn Petrie

Shawn Petrie

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2021 - 10:05 PM

Dammed if that didn't work. thank you for the info. working without issue now.

I am curious as to why pc cannot be  connected prior to powering up mount  but as long as it works I will live with it

again thank you all

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics