•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter in mediocre seeing.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Borodog

Borodog

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2021 - 10:42 PM

Trying a few different things in terms of capture and processing, but it's hard to try anything new when you are limited by the seeing. This is a derotation of 21 minutes of data in mediocre seeing. C11 + ASI183MC. There's some sort of artifact that crept in along the way, so I might try to reprocess this tomorrow.

gallery_346195_17566_7870.png

• Sunspot, Kenny V., Ljubo and 10 others like this

#2 Foc

Foc

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 25 September 2021 - 10:45 PM

Yes it does look a little like you ran Topaz on it!  On the other hand it does give it a shimmering 2.5d effect.

#3 Borodog

Borodog

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:14 AM

No Topaz, but it was a multi-stage sharpening/denoising process in Astra Image.

#4 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:05 PM

No Topaz, but it was a multi-stage sharpening/denoising process in Astra Image.

Mind sharing your AstraImage workflow?
  • Borodog likes this

#5 Borodog

Borodog

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:17 AM

I have been using Simple Deconvolution, Lucy-Richardson, Gaussian. I deconvolve as much as I can that does not produce low clipping around the limb of the planet. Denoise (5,0), followed by Convolution Filter (Weak or Strong as the image can take).

This image was more complicated. I actually imaged it at f/17, above 7X times pixel size. I followed the above presription multiple times actually, with a reduction in the middle somewhere. This was also a derotation and WinJUPOS destroyed Jupiter's colors, which I have seen before and do not like. I really like the colors I usually get out of Jupiter normally, and here WinJUPOS did something that turned it an ugly brown.

• dcaponeii likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics