•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AsiAir Pro won't connect to CGEM and EAF

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 skylab1

skylab1

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:26 PM

I am two problems at the same time, first the EAF in not been detected by the AAP. I am running the latest version of the app on iPad Pro, I have to remove all the stuff from the OTA when I send my OTA to a local store for repair. When I got the OTA back and attach everything back the EAF stop working. The EAF got power, I have the old 12V version. I plug the EAF to my windows laptop and it detected as ZWO boot, so I don't thing the EAF is dead. I plugin the HC for the EAF and nothing. To be sure the USB 2 port is working, I plug my 174mm guide camera to the USB port on my 294MC pro and the AAP, the 174mm was working in all 4 USB ports, why is the AAP not seeing the EAF?

Second problem I am unable to connect my CEGM mount to the AAP, my original Starsense HC when bad I have to order a new one form B&H. When I plug the USB cable to the new Starsense HC, AAP does not see it, next to the serial is show NONE and when I try to turn it on I got the message the USB device is not recognized . I change the usb cable did not solve the problem. When I tried the old Starsense HC the one won't boot completely the AAP show connected off the same USB cable. I know is not the USB cable and its not the AAP either because AAP still able to connect to a partially functioning Starsense HC. Both the old and new Starsense HC has the same firmware, could this be a hardware issue on the new Starsense HC? But when I connect the new Starsense HC to the laptop I can control the mount via CPWI, in this case the new Starsense HC is working.

Why isn't AAP able to connect to it and tells me is not recognize it?
Any one know how to solve these two problems I will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by skylab1, 26 September 2021 - 04:27 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics