•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA how to save filter name in file description

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goodeye

goodeye

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:41 PM

I do not have a filter wheel. I use a filter drawer instead (one filter at a time). I want the filter name to be listed in the file description string along with date, camera name, etc. I have put $$filter$$ in the Image File Pattern line in NINA but no filter is listed in the file names when saving. I suspect I have to do something with the filter wheel setup section but since I don't actually have a filter wheel I not sure what to do. All other parameters in my file names save as desired.. Suggestions?

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:28 PM

Just use literal text.  Go into the Options tab, under Imaging, where the file pattern is.  Add into the pattern something like "_LEnhance_" somewhere in the string.  Then each file will be saved with _LEnhance_ in the file string.  Go change that text when you use another filter.

Since there's nothing "automatically" choosing a filter, you can't use one of the "automatic" replacements.  So just enter it yourself.  Don't forget to change it when you change filters.

• goodeye likes this

#3 Forward Scatter

Forward Scatter

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Wandering the PNW

Posted 26 September 2021 - 06:15 PM

Under the Equipment>Filterwheel tab, you can select and configure the manual FW. The easiest way to change the filter names is on the Options>equipment tab. In the "Filter" box, the filters can be renamed. Then the filters can be selected in the sequencer.

Be sure to have "filter" added to the file pattern list. 

Edited by Forward Scatter, 26 September 2021 - 06:21 PM.

• OldManSky, Linwood and goodeye like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics