•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SW 250P Dob tune-up?

Beginner
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tita

tita

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pacific NW

Posted 26 September 2021 - 11:26 PM

Hi all. I searched the forum for Dob tune-up but surprisingly did not find anything. I have a goto SW 250P flextube that is quite stiff. I would like to be able to move it around and do some start hopping but the friction is so high that I have no control. The mount is not that accurate when tracking either, to the point that it is not easy to take images of Jupiter without nudging with the hand controller. I do no intend to use this telescope for imaging, just visual but I thought it should be better than that. 

Do any of you know what kind of tune-up or adjustments I could do to improve this mount? I enjoy the view and how easy is to setup so I hope there are things I can do to improve the movement at least to decrease the friction.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics