•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Can I buy a used, computer controlled mount only ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hextejas

hextejas

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:27 AM

I am having a ton of grief in trying to get my Meade ETX-60AT to work via computer controlled software.

So I was hoping that there might be a simpler mount-only that I could try.

I see names like Celestron, Orion, etc. that make the whole package and maybe I could find one of those mounts-only that would not break the bank. Say $150.00. I don't care about precision, I only have to get close to an LEO communication satellite.

Unrealistic ?

Probably.

#2 terrypaula

terrypaula

Viking 1

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:44 AM

First, realize the mount is the most important part of your set-up.  I'd keep shopping CN Classified.  You never know what kind of project you might be able to purchase.  Remember at this price you are practically throwing your money away.  Take it from someone with experience I thought I could get by on something cheap, every time I wanted to used the mount I had to repair something.  When the tripod collapsed one night I decided to invest in something new.

• teashea likes this

#3 hextejas

hextejas

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:02 PM

What do you think of this in our classifieds ?

Meade LX75 Mount Head $150.00

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics