•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Buying a Field Flattener

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spangz

Spangz

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:36 AM

I’m trying to buy a field flattener for my Sky Watcher EvoStar 72ed and the field flattener that is made specifically for it is Astronomically priced in comparison to the price of the telescope does anyone have any suggestions on other brands or know which other ones that work well with my telescope

Edited by Spangz, 27 September 2021 - 11:36 AM.

#2 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:33 PM

I haven’t used your scope, but the Hotech field flattener may be just what you need. 175 and not backordered.
  • Spangz likes this

#3 astrochaser

astrochaser

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Northern California

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:06 PM

Hotech!. Good for f5 to f7.5 refractors. $175.00 best money spent. bought a second one for my other refractor. Beats others hands down for money and quality. I used other vendors flatteners and they are no comparison for a nice consistent corner to corner flat field and round stars.

#4 PatrickVt

PatrickVt

Viking 1

• ****-
  • Loc: Vermont, US

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:32 PM

This has been discussed in various other threads over the past couple of years.  The least expensive flattener that works for the SW 72ED is the Orion Field Flattener for Short Refractors.  You may need to adjust the spacing little by little depending on the size of sensor you are using but there are people happy with their Orion field flattener.

Patrick

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics