•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M48 spacers that are the width of the metal M48 spacers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gbarr56

Gbarr56

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Hernando, FL

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:48 AM

I am trying to get a good as possible, my back focus for my camera/flattener.  

I want to do some more testing with spacers that are less than the 5mm metal M48 spacers. I have purchased a set of very small spacers that include 3mm, 2mm, 1mm, and .5mm. Of course these are too thin to have screw threading but just get put between the metal M48 spacers. The problem is my telescope can accommodate exactly the metal spacer opening.  When I add the <3mm spacers I have purchased, I am not able to slide the flattener/M48 tubes into my telescope because the <3mm spacers are oversized.   

I can add these smaller spacers on the side where the Metal M48 screws into the camera so it does not have to be inserted into the telescope but it takes way from the threading from camera to metal M48 tubes.  I'll go 1mm but no more as there won't be as much thread available to screw into the camera.

Is there any source to get small spacers that do not extend past the M48 metal tubing?

Thanks for any help.

#2 johnpane

johnpane

Mariner 2

• Loc: Wexford, PA, USA

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:04 PM

Stellarvue has these in 0.5, 1, 2, and 3mm.

I have some extra of the 1mm - the ID is 48mm an they are 2mm wide. PM me if interested.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics