•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Skyx and AVX Mount - Can't slew

Beginner Celestron Software Mount
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 srfrawg

srfrawg

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2021 - 03:15 PM

Hello,

I have been having a time trying to get Skyx connected to my Celestron AVX Mount. I finally got it connected via the ASCOM drivers as the Celestron one would keep throwing com errors. Now it shows connected (green), however I can't get Skyx to slew or manually even move the telescope with the manual controls within the program. Does anyone have any ideas what I may be missing? I am running a Windows 10 laptop and have the usb from the computer straight to the hand paddle. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 27 September 2021 - 03:22 PM

From memory you have to do an alignment in the HC before the SKYX can slew the mount. It's been a few years but i recall that I needed to go into the alignment and just speify using last alignement or faking a one star alignment to get it working. I'm sure that someone who's used one more frequently will remember the drill. Again it was a while ago and the mount's firmware and the HC may be different now. 

Rgrds-Ross

#3 srfrawg

srfrawg

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:42 AM

I will have to give that a try. Thanks for your response Ross.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beginner, Celestron, Software, Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics