•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellarium Oculars Plugin EOS Camera

Astrophotography DSLR Software
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chansonSTL

chansonSTL

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

Hello,

I use Stellarium as my planetarium software and I use the Oculars plugin to see what hardware configuration I would use to photograph a DSO, like everyone else.  My question is has anyone configured a DSLR body and lens in the Oculars plugin?  If so how did you do it.  It's just not obvious to me.

Thank you,

Chris

Edited by chansonSTL, 28 September 2021 - 01:58 PM.

#2 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 28 September 2021 - 02:57 PM

Moving from EAA to Astronomy Software & Computers for a better fit.

#3 gzotti

gzotti

Stellarium

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Vienna, Austria

Posted 28 September 2021 - 05:30 PM

A DSLR is a "sensor", and what is called "camera lens" in photography is configured as "telescope". See User Guide, section 15.1.2. There are also 17 cameras and 8 photo lenses preconfigured to act as examples...  

• Alexander Wolf likes this

#4 chansonSTL

chansonSTL

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 September 2021 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Georg.  That work, I got it figured out and it rocks!!!!!  I have a SIGMA 150-600 lens and I configured telescopes every 25mm.  I configured my Canon t7I too.  Now I can pick an object and get the exact mm before I ever walk out the door.  The more I use Stellarium the more I love it.

• gzotti likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, DSLR, Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics