•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Great night, MOD3 with my C-6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrRoberts

MrRoberts

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Green Valley, AZ

Posted 29 September 2021 - 08:43 AM

Needed to test my newly self repaired AZMP last night

Everything went so good, I decided to put the NV on it. OMG.

Because of the recent move to the Tucson area and other life interruptions I had not used it in awhile. With the sky's here M-31 just exploded not to mention M-16/17 and so on. Added the 6nm ha for a few of these of course. Another OMG please.......

Next to put it on my 120mm and later may C-8/E. The only way it could get better, hmmm maybe a 15" Obsession cool.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0949-2.jpg

• GOLGO13 and Mort H like this

#2 bobhen

bobhen

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 29 September 2021 - 10:11 AM

After a very poor summer for observing here in PA, we’ve had a few excellent nights, as the autumn cold fronts move through.

Too many great NV views in all my scopes but a few highlights include: M17, M20, M27 in the C8 working at F7. Large image scale and absolutely like short exposer CCD images. Any globular in the C8. Using the 102mm refractor at F3.5 for wide field observing: the dark nebula throughout Sagittarius. M20 and M8 and all associated nebula in the same field.  The North American Nebula and the many nebulas throughout Cygnus. The 3 main sections of the Veil. Plus much more, of course.

After a few months of not using the Intensifier, it impresses more than ever.

Bob

#3 Mort H

Mort H

Explorer 1

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:13 PM

Awesome MrRoberts!  I envy you in the southwest, though maybe bad light pollution if you are right in Tuscon.  At least dew is probably not a huge problem like it is here in Michigan!

The OMG's come in bunches don't they!

I've been somewhat surprised with how great M-31 looks with NV.  It's bright anyway, so who needs NV for that, right?  But like you say, it explodes, and I can see some structure IN it that I don't see without NV.  I'm finding that any "ordinary" object that doesn't "require" NV (the Pleiades also comes to mind) still looks better in NV.

Jones-ing for a 15", yes I would like one too!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics