•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Soviet spotting scope ZRT452 review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Baobas3360

Baobas3360

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ukraine

Posted 06 October 2021 - 05:44 AM

This telescope has been produced by the Kazan Optical and Mechanical Plant since 1950-s. Fraunhofer objective-reverse achromat, (this is done for better performance in the field of view), F = 600, D = 75 (mm), which is used from the TAL75 telescope. five-element Erfle, F = 15mm, field of view 68 degrees. Magnification 40x. Half of the military binocular B-8 were used as an eyepiece and a reversing system. The military version (cylindrical tube of black color) and the civil version (conical tube of silver color) were produced. The images of these pipes were the same.The image resolution is excellent. Mechanically ZRT452 is made excellently and for an unlimited service life. Inside the tube there are diaphragms. I completely disassembled my tube. I removed the diaphragms. Inside the tube I applied high-quality blackening. Blackened the ends of the prisms, objective and eyepiece. Adjustment of the prisms and eyepiece lenses has centered. Focusing unit is set to the minimum deviation of the light beam when focusing. By rotating the lens, we achieve the minimum chromatism of the center of the image. The result is the yellowness of the image decreased, the contrast increased, the drop in sharpness across the image field is equal.Only a precisely centered optical system gives an excellent result! The chromatism of this telescope is very small and is noticeable mainly during ground observations and has a blue color (this is the chromatism of magnification). Saturn is razor-sharp, the separation of the planet's body from the rings is clearly visible. On Jupiter, fine cloud structures are clearly visible. The moon is excellent. Observation of distant terrestrial objects in calm weather is striking in its detail! At a distance of 1.5-2 km, for example, you can see twisted thin wire on a power line. Spherical aberration and coma are well controlled.The disadvantage of the prism system of this device is sometimes there is a defect called bubbling due to the lack of normal technology at that time. The eye drop is small and the observer with glasses will not see the entire field of view. However, if he does not have astigmatism, it will be easy for him to take off his glasses. ,is not it?20210920_165844.jpg 20210920_165948.jpg

• Diego, mdowns, Piggyback and 2 others like this

#2 mdowns

mdowns

Soyuz

• Moderators
  • Loc: SW,FL

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:50 PM

Can you provide a picture of the complete OTA(tube) ?

#3 Baobas3360

Baobas3360

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:58 PM

Of course,but not on this time

Edited by Baobas3360, 06 October 2021 - 12:59 PM.

#4 Baobas3360

Baobas3360

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 October 2021 - 01:43 AM

I a m use photomount Slik Pro 500 DX

Attached Thumbnails

• products.26450.1.b.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics