So following up on a couple of recommendations in this thread, https://www.cloudyni...re-in-lp-skies/, I’ve done quite a bit of reading on NV over the last couple of days including the FAQ section. I have several questions now and I’m sure more will follow.
1. Based on what I’ve been reading, it looks like I’d want a setup where I can do both prime and afocal viewing. Is there any real disadvantage to have only 1 or the other? The TNVC PSV 14 with the white phosphor seems like a good one and it’s only used one way if I’m understanding it right?
1a. If a setup for both is feasible, are the attachments and accessories to do so readily available without having to climb a mountain in Tibet to find them? I’d like simplicity in obtaining them without the need to hire a machinist too.
2. I have a good set of APM XWA HDC and Stellarvue Optimus eyepieces, listed in my signature. Is NV going to basically nullify having to use them or can they be used in conjunction with a NV setup? What about the paracorr 2?
3. Will I have both handheld and in the focuser capability?
4. I’m assuming that it will work well in my AD12 dob with no major modifications needed?
5. Mono or Bino? Bino seems attractive but I’m
not sure it is made in the configuration I’d want.