•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My SP-C6 sled focuser slips at zenith

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevereecy

stevereecy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North Florida

Posted 10 October 2021 - 06:15 AM

So I figured out a way to mount my room unlabeled vixen SP-C6 to an inexpensive alt-Az mount. I took it out to a dark sky site tonight and I saw the andromeda galaxy as well or better than I’ve seen it with my skywatcher collapsible dob in the past. But the mirror on it is really good…so much so that I once tracked down the OTA 12 years after selling it to repurchase it. That’s another story

But unfortunately when I tried to look at lira tonight, the focus or kept sliding back from the weight. Tried cranking down the lock screw to no avail. I am wondering if perhaps my lock screw may be a tad too short?  Any recommendations for a fix?  The deer (edit:gear) does not seem to be broken and the focuser otherwise works fine.

Edited by stevereecy, 10 October 2021 - 11:41 AM.

#2 AstroKerr

AstroKerr

Surveyor 1

• Loc: 48° 16′ 8.4″ N, 225° 59′ 24″ W

Posted 10 October 2021 - 06:22 AM

Check the screw length.

Glad the deer is o.k.

• DouglasPaul likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics