•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Neptune nearly at opposition 14/09/2021

Collimation Planet Reflector Imaging Celestron Astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mdpagy

mdpagy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:47 PM

<p>Greetings everyone! I am quite new here at CN, mainly as a logged user. Have been doing planetary astrophotography for nearly a year now and recently upgraded my set to a Celestron Nexstar SLT 130 Newt. Last september, tried a few days chasing Neptune, and achieved 2 times. Both tries were with a Svbony sv105, a super entry level chinese brand (which I found Very cost-effective, since the Brazilian currency makes everything we spend um USD Very expensive). The first record ended up as a bluish teardrop shape planet... I checked the collimation and it was awful. The second time, the collimation was ok (I think) and the final image was far better, but still I noticed some offset on it. (Attached image)&nbsp;</p>
<p>This second register I accomplished with only 40% of the besta of 200 frames 125ms each, for the planet os too faint to work with smaller exposures.&nbsp;</p>
  • Kiwi Paul likes this

#2 Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Carterton, New Zealand

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:44 PM

No images attached.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Collimation, Planet, Reflector, Imaging, Celestron, Astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics