•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Problem stackig CR2 raw images in DSS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 revans

revans

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Fitchburg, MA

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:59 PM

I had no trouble stacking jpg images but when I switched to CR2 raw images the program only wants to stack 1 of 56 images.  They look fine to me... I don't know what the problem is.  Program says to select more stars.  I did, no change in the result.  The sky was not as transparent tonight as it usually is and so the total number of stars is probably less than normal, but there are an easy dozen fairly bright ones visible without looking for the smaller ones. Not sure what the problem is... I also shot in jpg so I could stack those and see what happens...

Turns out the problem was bad transparency with not enough stars imaged.

Meanwhile I got up early and imaged M42 with what I think was good focus.  These were CR2, I'll use DSS and see what happens.  Sky transparency was better, but I was fairly close to dawn twilight.

Edited by revans, 14 October 2021 - 07:36 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics