This is my third attempt at Andromeda Galaxy. I took this at Cherry Springs State Park a Bortle 2 dark site.
Full acquisition and processing steps along with my previous attempts are available on my website:
- Telescope: Explore Scientific FCD100 Series 127mm f/7.5 Carbon Fiber Triplet ED APO Refractor Telescope
- Camera: ZWO ASI2600MM Pro, 100 Gain, -10°C
- Guiding: ZWO Off-Axis Guider with Helical Focuser
- Guide Camera: ZWO ASI290MM Mini.
- Mount: iOptron CEM60
- Software: SGP for image acquisition. PixInsight is used for stacking and editing. Imported to Photoshop for final touchup and watermarking.
- Filters: Chroma 36mm Red (70 x 60s), Chroma 36mm Green (75 x 60s), Chroma 36mm Blue (59 x 60s), Chroma 36mm Lum (43 x 120s & 200 x 60s), Chroma 36mm Ha 5nm (58 x 120s)
- Exposure Time: 10 hours 6 minutes
- Date: September 30 & October 01, 2021
- Location: Cherry Springs State Park, PA