•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Connecting OnStep to ASI Air Pro

Astrophotography Equipment Imaging Mount Software
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mach 7

Mach 7

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:18 PM

I recently purchased an E.fric mount.  It comes with OnStep stepper motor controls.  I am trying to connect to the ASI Air Pro, and the current firmware has 2 OnStep settings - OnStep Electronics and OnStep beta.  

Has anyone had success connecting?  I have achieve temporary connection, in which the mount starts a slew, then stops and no further commands move the mount.  However, the software thinks the mount is moving and shows a nicely update of RA and dec and it goes thru this imaginary slew.  I have tried all the baud rates on the OnStep Electronic telescope setting.  No help on the OnStep user forum.  Hoping there is help here.

Any ideas?  If you are successful, I would appreciate the settings you used.  
Thanks

#2 John SC

John SC

Vostok 1

Posted 16 October 2021 - 12:52 PM

Did you join the OnStep users group at https://onstep.groups.io/g/main and post the question there?  They are quite helpful - it might take a day or two to get an answer but they do well and will support questions about OnStep much better than this forum.  Be ready to tell them what version of OnStep you are using and the configuration.

You might try configuring your ASI Air to use a Meade LX200 Classic interface - that works on OnStep devices from many other programs including Sky Safari and Cartes du Ciel.

Edited by John SC, 16 October 2021 - 04:24 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Equipment, Imaging, Mount, Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics