•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

C14 Stephan's Quintet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 09:59 AM

I had some earlier data of Stephan's Quintet however the stars were not as round as they should be. I managed to shoot some more stars using 15 second subs and I imaged 60 sets in each of the RGB filters. Did a removal and a change of stars in the old image.

My intention, now i've corrected the issue of badly shaped stars due to cable drag, is to reshoot the target weather permitting.

As always comments invited however this is legacy data so will not be as good as a complete reshoot- the data in the galaxies is also victim to the same cable drag that hurt the original stars.

Clear nights to you all.

QUINTET_LRGB_CN.jpg

Edited by pyrasanth, 17 October 2021 - 10:12 AM.

• dswtan, elmiko, SeymoreStars and 9 others like this

#2 Professor2112

Professor2112

Viking 1

• Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:30 PM

Still a nice image!  It’s cool to see this particular target up close with a C 14 being that I got a pretty nice image from a bortle 2 zone with my 130mm refractor and obviously the resolution was limited by the 910mm FL.  Definitely share when you’re able to reshoot the image! 

• pyrasanth likes this

#3 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:40 PM

Still a nice image!  It’s cool to see this particular target up close with a C 14 being that I got a pretty nice image from a bortle 2 zone with my 130mm refractor and obviously the resolution was limited by the 910mm FL.  Definitely share when you’re able to reshoot the image! 

Can you post your image?- I would be very interested to have a look as the 910 mm focal length is of interest as I'm considering the Delta RHO which has 1050 FL.

#4 Professor2112

Professor2112

Viking 1

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:25 PM

Sure can!  I think 1050mm FL would be great for this target.  It would fit NGC 7331/Stephan’s Quintet very nicely. 

get.jpg?insecure

• pyrasanth likes this

#5 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:37 PM

Sure can!  I think 1050mm FL would be great for this target.  It would fit NGC 7331/Stephan’s Quintet very nicely. 

get.jpg?insecure

I love your image- nice round stars and full of interesting details. I note your observation as to how the C14 has pulled out a lot more resolution allthough I need a lot more data to make things smooth.. I just need a lot more imaging time. The weather is being uncoperative at present.

• Professor2112 likes this

#6 Professor2112

Professor2112

Viking 1

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:47 PM

I love your image- nice round stars and full of interesting details. I note your observation as to how the C14 has pulled out a lot more resolution allthough I need a lot more data to make things smooth.. I just need a lot more imaging time. The weather is being uncoperative at present.

I feel your pain.  Ever since I got my Chroma Ha and Oiii filters for imaging in my bortle 8 yard I’ve had barely a window to even test the filters, and I’m trying to pile on hours but like you, the weather is being very uncooperative.  This image will look really great when you finally get the integration time to smooth it out.  Thanks for the compliment!  Good dark skies are to thank for that image.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics