•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My Nikons seem to be very particular about USB cables!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stuboyle

stuboyle

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

So I try 4 USB cables to connect my Nikon D5600 and D7500 to my computer.  I'm only able to connection with 1 of the cables!  Has anyone else experienced this?  

Thanks,

Stuart

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Aurora

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:20 PM

Yes- generally the more expensive, short as possible cables are best. The cheap ones sold on fleabay can be really poor quality. Read as many reviews as possible before you order- If lots of reviwers are moaning about isses then look somewhere else.

I don't own a Nikon camera however I've seen the issue with a lot of devices over the years so I'm sure it is not just a Nikon peculiarity.

Edited by pyrasanth, 17 October 2021 - 02:44 PM.

#3 unimatrix0

unimatrix0

Apollo

• -----

Posted 17 October 2021 - 06:26 PM

So I try 4 USB cables to connect my Nikon D5600 and D7500 to my computer.  I'm only able to connection with 1 of the cables!  Has anyone else experienced this?  

Thanks,

Stuart

Oh yeah, but not only Nikon but any DSLR or mirrorless. Just remember that there are lot of telephone charging cables on the market, about 1000x more than USB cables that are actually able to transport images, and not only charge a cellphone. 

Expect to pay more for dedicated cables for video/photo transfer, since they are more robust and definitely higher quality. The one I use for my Nikon D5300 even has a ferrite bead on the cable to lock out any crosstalk or magnetic interference from other electronics nearby. 

#4 abcdefghii

abcdefghii

Messenger

Posted 17 October 2021 - 07:25 PM

My D5600 is really picky as well, I've got one that works so leave that plugged into the computer.

#5 salsabettis

salsabettis

Lift Off

• Loc: California

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:47 PM

My D5600 is really picky as well, I've got one that works so leave that plugged into the computer.

Same for me.  There is one cable that works and it stays with the camera and astro gear.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics