•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My Carry Case for Evolution 8"

Accessories Cassegrain Celestron DIY SCT
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 parrothead2567

parrothead2567

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: SE USA

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:43 PM

I know there are numerous posts about DIY carry cases for the Nexstar Evolution but I wanted to share mine which I made out of a 32" rolling duffel bag. 

I didn't have the OEM shipping foam but I did have the foam from the Celstron wedge box. Attached are some pictures. The cardboard with foam made the sides stiff as well as the foam I put on the top and bottom of the bag. Had to cut out some holes for the handle, focus knob and mirror clutches. I am able to fit the scope and mount in the bag as well as my rolled up dew shield. The pockets on the side carry the red dot finder, Starsense camera, and hand controller (all wrapped in bubble wrap). There is a zipper pocket on top which is the perfect fit for the bahtinov mask.

I also found an insulated lunch bag in the closet where I store the Celestron power tank, most used eyepieces, star diagonal and visual back.

All this for less than $40! I gained a lot of insight and ideas from previous posts and I hope this can help others as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• both.jpg
  • empy.jpg
  • tele.jpg
  • top.jpg
  • eyepiece.jpg

• Thomas Marshall, gfstallin and akdwivedi like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Cassegrain, Celestron, DIY, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics