•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Guides for drizzle and sharpening drizzeled images?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffry7

jeffry7

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:50 PM

Hi Folks,

I have been playing around with drizzeling lunar images with Autostakkert. There is clearly more to this than selecting a check box in the stacker program.

I have looked some and have not come across a discussion of good dithering/drizzle practice.

One specific problem I am having is that the images do not respond well to Lucy Richardson sharpening. At least they do not respond as well as non-drizzled images. (I do know that with the resize the kernel size of the convolution has to change.)

Does anyone have advice or a pointer to a guide on drizzling?

Thanks!

Attached is a drizzled image, although it has been resampled down to conform to Cloudy Nights posting limits.

Here is a link to the full size image over on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/2mBPfsc

Attached Thumbnails

• SaveForCloudyNights.jpg

• Kenny V. likes this

#2 Borodog

Borodog

Gemini

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:22 PM

Is it a color camera or monochrome? Honestly my advice for drizzling color images is, don't.

#3 jeffry7

jeffry7

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:42 AM

Is it a color camera or monochrome? Honestly my advice for drizzling color images is, don't.

It is a color camera. Yeah, thinking about it, I can see how drizzle might be a problem on a Bayer sensor.

PIPP has a feature to interpret a raw color image file as mono. I may try that.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics