•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Buying Astronomy Equipment available “In Stock”

Equipment Mount Tripod
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Castor

Castor

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

For more than three years I had been considering buying an Alt-Az mount model for my 5-inch refractor but it’s an item that most vendors don’t regularly carry in stock.  A month ago I noticed that one came in stock at the website of a well-known U.S. vendor and I didn’t hesitate to order it even if it was over budget.  I’m so glad that I did because it shipped quickly and it was delivered a few days later! (See picture of tripod below).

I also needed some accessories for my mount but I had to order from four different vendors so I could find the items that I wanted “in-stock”.  So far I’ve been lucky and received most of what I ordered!

These are difficult times to buy new astronomy gear with the current shortages and the cost of raw materials and shipping on the rise.  If you happen to see something that you wanted for a long time available in stock and can afford it, my advice is: Better act soon!

Attached Thumbnails

• Berlebach_Tripod-540x900_094119.jpg

• GOLGO13, Ljubo, teashea and 1 other like this

#2 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:50 PM

Nice looking tripod! I have always liked the look of wooden tripods.

• Castor and petert913 like this

#3 Castor

Castor

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:53 PM

Thank you Golgo13! smile.gif   

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Mount, Tripod

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics