•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Question regarding parts for Celestron NexStar C5

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GlitchedAstro

GlitchedAstro

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: 74115

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:32 AM

Hello all,

I purchased a used Celestron NexStar C5 Spotter Scope w/ original NexStar mount, but I have a couple of questions regarding it. For one, it didn't come with the tripod.

Second thing is, does this model have the option to use an external A/C power supply, or am I stuck having to run it off of battery power?

Last question...I will be building a better rig over time using a William Optics ZenithStar 61, William Optics UniGuide 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO ASI120mm Mini Mono guide cam, and probably a Canon Rebel T3i or T6. Since my NexStar mount has a Viixen Dovetail plate mod, I should be able to mount the Z61 to it. So my question is A) would the mount be able to hold the weight of the total rig and B) is it going to be able to track and slew properly without the rig getting in the way?

Thanks in advance, and clear skies!

• retroman2 likes this

#2 GlitchedAstro

GlitchedAstro

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: 74115

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:05 PM

Just an update, I was able to sort out the a/c adapter thing and possibly might have a source for the tripod. I'm still curious about putting a long refractor setup on the Nexstar mount, but we'll see how it goes. That'll be down the road from now anyway and by then, I'll have a decent CGEM mount probably.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics