•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lacerta 2021 200/800 Newtonians

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jr6150

Jr6150

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cave Creek, AZ

Posted 18 October 2021 - 04:41 AM

Now that I'm a bit more experienced of an imager, I'm considering upgrading my telescope to a "premium" Newtonian. Out of all the options I've decided to pursue either a 8in F4 ONTC from TS-Optics, or the new Lacerta 2021 version of their own 8in F4. While I think I have a pretty good grasp of what each package offers and the differences between the two, I've found it difficult to find additional information about the new 2021 version of the Lacerta Newtonian. I was wondering whether anyone had any hands on experience with this telescope and could talk a bit more about how its performance. On the flip side, if someone believes that the ONTC would be a better solution, I'd like to hear about that as well. I'm currently leaning towards the Lacerta due to the built in mirror mask and fixed secondary, but am unsure how reliable the Octoplus focuser is, besides a few anecdotal stories about it performing well. 

Appreciate any thoughts/insight into the 2021 Lacerta!

Jr

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics