•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

cant stack moon frames successfully.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imnotahuman

imnotahuman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:55 AM

Last night i went and got some close up moon data and was trying my new astronomy camera on the moon for the first time and the data was fine it was pretty good and i got a few thousand frames on some interesting areas on the moon. So this morning i go to procces it and when i stack its all very distorted the best i got was blurry craters and and thats it the rest was distorted beyond recognition but i noticed this in autostakkert when i would slide through the frames they would just jump around the screen the whole time i am using a dobsonian on an eq platform but my eq platform was not the issue since when i captured the frames the video was completely still so i think the problem was from the software so one of the videos the eq platfrom was acting up and it really slided to the left so i center it and later put it through PIPP and it looks good then again in autostakkert it just goes around the screen again when i slide through the frames i also only used one ap and put it on the crater and this is what i got after stacking 1500 frames https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing. i wll try to upload the raw footage but maybe i will compress it cause it would take hours to upload and download what do you think is happening here? EDIT: i forgot to put the surface presets in autostakkert dont reply the problem has been solved.

Edited by imnotahuman, 18 October 2021 - 07:50 AM.

#2 David Boulanger

David Boulanger

Ranger 4

• Loc: Naples, Florida

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:31 AM

What was the exposure length of the subs?  One alignment point is probably not going to work out well.

#3 imnotahuman

imnotahuman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:46 AM

What was the exposure length of the subs?  One alignment point is probably not going to work out well.

if i remember correctly around 0.8 ms also i experimented around and one of the stacks and it had the whole surface covered with ap points and some had a few ap points over multiple little details.

Edited by imnotahuman, 18 October 2021 - 07:36 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics