•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stacking images with two different cameras.

Astrophotography Software Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mtbkr123

mtbkr123

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: North GA

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:53 AM

Hi, 

I have a question about stacking images in deepsky stacker.

I have been using a Canon 450D XSi for about three years and just purchased an Full Spectrum modified 

Canon 600D T3i a few days ago.  The pixel size is 5.2 on the XSi and 4.3 on the T3i, resolution in pixels is 

5184 x 3456 on the T3i vs 4272 x 2848 on the XSi.

Will I be able to stack my old data taken the XSi with data taken with my T3i ? I haven't tried it yet... 

I have a lot of good images stored,  I cant believe how much more of the red Ha signal I'm getting with the Modded camera !!

Thanks for any help on this.

Derrell.

#2 DubbelDerp

DubbelDerp

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:33 PM

Sure can, depending on your stacking software. I do it all the time in Astro Pixel Processor. Depending on which frame is selected for the reference for alignment, the other camera will either be scaled up or down to match.

• galacticinsomnia likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Software, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics