•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Focal Reducer/Flattener for Meade 115mm Series 6000

Equipment Meade Refractor
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 R_E_C

R_E_C

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:55 AM

I have had a Meade 115mm f/7 APO refractor telescope for several years now and find it to be a great scope.  I know this scope is essentially the same as many other branded 115 APOs.  I have the "factory" 0.8x focal reducer/flattener installed, producing an effective focal length of about 645mm.  However, there are many times when I'd like even a larger field of view.  Does anyone know of an alternative reducer/flattener in the 0.5 range (giving about 400mm focal length), or is this not really feasible on this scope? 

An alternative, would be to get another smaller scope, which I'm thinking might even be cheaper than such a reducer.  But I really would prefer to not have to lose the aperture and also have to duplicate or move around all the other equipment (EAF, camera, etc.).

Thanks,

Richard

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Meade, Refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics