•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Takahashi/Canon EOS help

DSLR Equipment Imaging Refractor
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jucumari

jucumari

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:17 PM

I recently ordered a new Takahashi 100DF and need help setting it up for imaging. I have multiple Canon camera bodies but will be using the full-frame 6D MKII for most imaging. 

What items (brackets, adapters, etc..) are needed to create this setup? I've looked at the visual system chart provided by Takahashi but can't seem to get this figured out. Thru online searching I've seen Canon EOS adapters with different item numbers and conflicting information. What (if anything) do I need?

Can anyone help me figure out what needs to be purchased to mount this body to the OTA so I can start shooting? Thanks so much!

Takahashi scope - https://www.firstlig...-refractor.html

#2 sharkmelley

sharkmelley

Aurora

• Loc: UK

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:32 PM

Do you plan to use it naked without a focal reducer?

Mark

#3 jucumari

jucumari

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:36 PM

Do you plan to use it naked without a focal reducer?

Mark

Will not be using the reducer - maybe in the future though.

#4 sharkmelley

sharkmelley

Aurora

• Loc: UK

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:17 PM

Will not be using the reducer - maybe in the future though.

In that case there is no critical backfocus distance required and you have a fairly free choice.  But I've got to be honest, the system diagram is not very clear if you're not using a reducer.  It seems to assume you'll push a camera adapter into the eyepiece adapter.

Edited by sharkmelley, 19 October 2021 - 02:19 PM.

#5 jucumari

jucumari

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 October 2021 - 05:05 PM

In that case there is no critical backfocus distance required and you have a fairly free choice.  But I've got to be honest, the system diagram is not very clear if you're not using a reducer.  It seems to assume you'll push a camera adapter into the eyepiece adapter.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSLR, Equipment, Imaging, Refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics