•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Missing Machine Screw on Vixen GP Mount wooden Leg Dividers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saemark30

saemark30

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:28 PM

Missing screw and nut on Vixen GP mount. Can someone tell me what size and length are the screws that connects the plastic dividers together?

#2 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:49 PM

Can you show us a picture of exactly what ****'re missing? 

Clear skies!

Thomas, Denmark

#3 saemark30

saemark30

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:22 PM

vixen-gp-great-polaris.jpg Here is an image. The 3 black plastic brace the wooden legs. I am missing one of the bolts or screws that holds one of them at the center.

#4 lphilpot

lphilpot

Vanguard

• Loc: Central Lousiana, USA

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:39 PM

Can you take one of the other screws to a hardware store and find a suitable (if not identical) replacement? I suspect the actual threading doesn't matter except for the nut that presumably holds it in place. Just get a suitable diameter and length bolt with a matching nut and a couple of washers.

#5 jurdea

jurdea

Lift Off

• Loc: Centennial, CO

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:59 PM

If you go to the hardware, head to the metric bolts and nuts as Vixen's are all metric

#6 photoracer18

photoracer18

Aurora

• Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:03 PM

Is that the one that is a pin with 2 C-clips? If so good luck finding anything like that at a DIY store. Best substitute is an appropriate size screw with a Nylock nut on the other end to give it a small gap to rotate. Only way I know to find the original part is to find another one to cannibalize.

Ok you need one of the center arm bolts. Take one of the others to a store and look.

Edited by photoracer18, 19 October 2021 - 02:05 PM.

• Castor likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics